Subject: NetBSD/vax 1.4 binary packages
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1999 19:50:39
These are all pulled from the pkgsrc supplied with the 1.4 release of
NetBSD.  I haven't fully tested many of them so don't be surprised if
you run into some peculiarities with them dumping... I think some of the
C compiler optimizations are still broken.  I've found POVRAY to die
unexpectedly on occassion.

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4/vax/

To install the packages, you need to be root and to install NetBSD
packages you use the pkg_add(1) utility.  See the man page for details,
but basically the usage is:

   pkg_add some_package-1.1.tgz

There are a number of X dependent packages in there, and until you've
got the X binary sets (or compile xsrc yourself) you won't be able to
use these.  I'm in the process of figuring out how to build the X set
binary tarballs since I've already got X compiled on my home system.

So... try some of these on for size.  Nethack is an absolute blast on my
MicroVAX II.  Thanks go to David Brownlee for uploading these for
everyone.  More packages are compiling as I type.

-brian.
---