Subject: Anyone working on VS2000 sm X support?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/16/1998 23:14:47
I'm just wondering... is anybody working on X support for the standard
VS2000 monochrome frame buffer?  I'm thinking of doing some work
myself.  It shouldn't be hard, and it should certainly be less work than
QDSS.  Had the driver been based on the QVSS driver (qv.c) it would have
been more-or less trivial.

Of course, things just can't be that simple...  The driver uses wscons,
so if I want to get to work on it I must deal with wscons too.  Now I'm
wondering:
- Is there sufficient interrest in this for me to take on the task?
- How much trouble will wscons give?  (I'm hoping it won't be much more
trouble than an old-style frame buffer driver.)  Any good docs/example
driver code for wscons?

BTW.  Yeah, I agree that using wscons is the Right Thing.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |