Subject: SCSI on QBUS - edlabel issue
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/17/1998 12:57:09
Well, finally got some nice 500meg SCSI drives to go with my SQ739 SCSI
controller. The card's diagnostics can see them and format them and such. SHOW
DEV on my KA650 shows the first one. Now for the problem.

How in the hell do I put a label on this thing? It doesn't have a set number of
sectors/track. It's a HP C2244 - info for it can be found at
http://www1.hp.com/isgsupport/disk/c224x/c224xtech.html . I'm desperate. If
anyone can help, you've earned a friend for life.

Notes: I'd like a 64K /, 64K swap,  64K /var, 64K /tmp, and the rest /usr.
Also, if you can, a edlabel sequence for the entire drive as one a partition
(for the other two drives, same type). Thanks!!

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682