Subject: Re: bitch bitch bitch was RE: KA6x0 support
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1998 19:59:16
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Oscar Oberg wrote:
>
> > a) Tricky to install on multiple disks (my / disk was 80, the /usr 200,
> > but the install program is geared toward a one-disk-multiple-partitions
> > install as far as I could tell. I did finally succeed, but took alot
> > longer than it should've
>
> 	That is definitely something that should be fixed - particularly
> 	for those machines (such as vax) that tend to have smaller disks.

Yeah. Most SCSI boxes should benefit from this too..

> 	Can you file a PR on it?

Don't have my NetBSD box hooked up to the net.. Is there a web interface?

> > b) Default behaviour for any error was to start over from the beginning
> >
> 	What do you define as an error here?

In my opinion it should jump back one level. For example, if my FTP
install fails, I'd rather go back and try an NFS install than start over
from the partitioning stage.

> > If these things were fixed, however, it would be a great install process.
> >
> 	I believe that is the intended plan :)

Can't wait to see it working on VAX..

Oscar