Subject: Re: DUA7 on KDA50
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/1998 23:10:25
David Brownlee wrote:

>         Two more questions (if anyone can help)
>
>         Is the KDA50 a Q-bus controller?

Yes... it's just another Q-bus MSCP controller.  It consists of two quad
width boards connected by two ribbon cables.
Keep in mind that the KDA50 uses a lot of power, so check if you have
enough available before installing one.

>         What is the native interface for a RA90 (and other RA?) disks?

It's SDI, which stands for Standard Disk Interconnect.  (I don't know
anything about the details of the protocol, but I hope you don't need
that)
BTW.  It seems that there are other SDI drives out there besides the RA
series, including some solid state drives and some 3rd party drives.

>         What is the size / capacity of an RA90?

Approximately 1.2 gigs.  If you want a more precise figure, well disktab
will tell you:
ra90|RA90|DEC RA90 Winchester:\
        :ty=winchester:ns#69:nt#13:nc#2649:\
        :dt=MSCP:\