Subject: VS3100 connection to VT420
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1998 15:45:34
	I now have a VT420, with the same connector on the back as the
	VS3100. Could anyone confirm what cable/settings I need to get
	this to work? I've tried using the rj11 cable that Brian lent
	to me for the VT240 (when I thought that worked :), but no joy.

	I'm assuming 9600, 8N1, no modem control, and I've tried the
	switch next to the serial port both up and down (which should it
	be?). Given the leds on the back of the machine seem to run
	through some selftest pattern OK I'm assuming I just need to get
	the cable correct... Any help greatly appreciated!

	Thanks

		David/absolute

  ... and so am I, maybe its the other way round, I can't seem to decide ...