Subject: Re: VS3100 memory quirk
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 14-Jan-1998 1323 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1998 15:04:40
"psapp@terra.cnct.com" "Paul Apprich" wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Brian D Chase wrote:
>

>> I don't know that the VS3100's support more than 32Megs so that might not
>> be a big problem.  Maybe the M76 supports more?
>>
>I can't say anything other than finding 32 MB in this machine. Perhaps a
>reading of the DEC catalogs of the early 1990's would give a clue.

The VAXstation 3100-76 has 8 slots for SIMMs and the SIMMs are 4MB each so
the maximum possible memory is 32MB. The VAXstation 3100-30 and VAXstation
3100-38 use memory boards rather than SIMMs but they are also limited
to 32MB.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England