Subject: Re: System identification
To: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
From: Matthias Koch <kochm@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/1997 14:15:52
On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Oscar Oberg wrote:

> > It can be upgraded to a VAXsation 3100 Model 30 SPX
>
> Oh yes.. it did say SPX on the front too, does that make any difference?

Oh yes! The SPX in a graphics accelerator Board.

> Neat :) What does the upgrade consist of and is there any chance of
> finding one?

I don`t know. I think it`s just the SCSI-Adapter and of course some more
memory. If you can get a 3100 just put the SPX board in it and you`re set.

> > BTW: How much are they?
>
> The guy in the store asked how much we'd pay for them.. Ideas?

I Recently I paied less than 100$ for a 3100 Model 30 with RZ22 (50MB
Harddisk), but without SPX-board, plus 16" Color-Monitor.

Bye
Matthias