Subject: Re: How many drives are in your uVax world?
To: None <"zach@acsu.buffalo.edu"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 19-Nov-1997 0605 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/19/1997 07:58:10
"zach@acsu.buffalo.edu" writes:

>Dave Clarke may be on to something, Megan too. I've got the 4 switch
>panel on both the vVax and pdp11. Odd though that I am able to get
>the RD5n drives to cooperate. I'll review the archives to see if
>anybody ever commented on how to re-engineer the extra logic.

I've missed the beginning of the thread, but I like living dangerously so I'll
dive right in anyway.

I'm assuming that you are trying to get two RD drives working in a BA23 box
using a four-button front panel, rather than the required six-button
rare-as-hens-teeth variety.

In that case, dismantle the front panel, hold the circuit board with the blue
connector at the bottom and on the other side of the board (i.e. with the PCB
tracks towards you) and join the pins as shown below.

                      +--------------+
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |              |
                      |  /-\         |

That's the first (leftmost) pin on the top row to the third pin on the
top row in case you cannot decipher the ASCII-art :-)

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England