Subject: Re: 1.3_ALPHA Netbooted. and uVII
To: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
From: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/09/1997 09:54:12
> I'd like to thank Ragge for putting together a well polished distribution
> of 1.3_ALPHA.  It was certainly worth the wait.  Guess now I'll have to be
> revising the HOWTO.
>
> Has anyone done a from scratch install of 1.3_ALPHA to a MicroVAX II yet?
> I plan on doing one myself, unless others have run into problems.
>
> -brian.
I am in the process of doing this right now.  I cut the tape on a 1.1A setup,
and now I am trying to load 1.3A onto a different drive.  TK50s are so fast
that I have to wait for the system to catch up (I wanted to go thru the
straight TK build on purpose for checkout, then I will just use my cheating
ways to build the other disks!!
I noticed the gennetbsd kernel seems faster on just the file2!  Must be
my imagination, too early to tell OR I have been soooooo brainwashed using
windoze for PC that I forgot what a real OS and machine do.
bob