Subject: Re: TS05
To: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/1997 12:29:51
> It just occured to me that an Emulex QT13 allows a TS05 to be connected
> via MSCP emulation.  I don't know why I forgot this, considering that
> I have several QT13's...
>
> > > The last time I checked, NetBSD's only tape support was for TMSCP-style
> > > devices.  The TS11-type driver source was present, but it didn't compile
> > > and didn't work.  I see from the hypertext FAQ that TS11 tapes are
> > > now officially supported, so I would guess that at some point in the
> > > past 6 months or so somebody fixed it.  I never saw an announcement on
> > > the port-vax list that this was fixed, but that's not too unusual...
> > >
> > No, that's a reverse-leftover. It did work once, and I added it to
> > the list of supported devices. I forgot to remove it when it stopped
> > working.
>
> Is there any indication of exactly when TS11 support stopped working?  Is
> there any way to get access to old versions of the driver, from back when it
> did work?

The reason it stopped working was that I added autoconf functionality
to the uba driver. Before that it was a strange hard-coded beast.
The current driver in the source tree hasn't almost been touched since
that, but all uba structures has changed so there are a little work
to make it work correctly. It may have been around 1.1R somewhere that
I fixed this.

-- Ragge