Subject: Re: Bugs being fixed.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/1997 19:18:14
> I'd recommend *everyone* to upgrade to 1.2G as soon as possible.

this is good info.

> Sorry that I can't fix any boot files though...

I'd love to try but I'm still trying to figure out how to get boot files
on my vax to try.

 FYI the only option I think I have is to get the sources and fire up
 VAX-C compiler (under VMS) and crunch them. I'm still stuck on how to
 write them to a disk to actually boot them.  I can't compile the entire
 system as I'd guess 71meg is not enough free disk for it.

 Any offers to create a TK50 with 1.2g bootable!

I figure I have an advantage for testing...I know my hardware is good from
testing on both q-bus pdp-11 and running VMS on the vax.  It's entirely
possible people are getting burnt on hardware bugs or revision problems.

I've also seen UvaxIIs that passed diags and would crash periodically under
ultrix from a memory bug of subtle proportions.  Watch out for the PMI
memory cable.

So blaming the cow for soggy cerial is not productive.

Allison