Subject: Re: mop loadaddr and SCB
To: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/1997 15:36:39
On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Bertram Barth wrote:

> It might be that my problems with mopboot/LANCE/if_le.c on 3100/76
> (crashes with SCB2NDINT) are related to the fact that mopboot when
> loaded at addr 0x00 overwrites SCB located at 0x6800.
>
> Is it enough (as a quick and dirty hack) to set "loadaddr" in mopaout.c
> to some fixed value or are there other dependencies?
> What's the best/easiest way to make the mopboot image being loaded
> at some other address?

Hmm, this is my second answer to this message.

It might be srt0.s that is causing trouble. I don't have the latest source
available, but isn't the whole move of the code from one place to another
done with a single movc5? The length parameters to movc5 is of size word.
So movc5 can't move chunks larger than 64k. But if the size (text+data+bss)
is larger the whole program will not be moved. And whole bss might not be
zeroed out. But since the length parameter in is mod 64k some strange
behaviour can be expected... (the same code exists in start.s).

> Ciao,
> 	bertram

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)