Subject: Re: Netscape 4.0b2
To: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
From: Jeremy A. Rosengren <rosengre@augsburg.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/1997 10:48:32
At 11:18 AM -0600 2/26/97, wonko@madness.tmok.com wrote:

>i'll probably try 4.x and see how that does for not screwing up my linux box.
>of course that means i have to use the Xserver on my linux box (always slow)

If that's the case, then you'll want to wait until 4.x is out of
beta...right now, beta 2 is such a shell of a program, half the functions
are broken.

If you have the processing power, get HotJava from Sun.

>> However, web page editing is totally screwed up.  You *will* get random
>> strings in the middle of your text and it will crash if you actually try
>> to get work done.  Don't ever try to get real work done in the editor.
>
>there is only one HTML editor and it is called vi. :)

Right on.

-- jer

Jeremy A. (Dor) Rosengren
Diu vivere gens Sageth
rosengre@augsburg.edu
rosengre@htc.honeywell.com

"and i wish her insight to battle love's blindness
strength from the milk of human kindness
a safe place for all the pieces that scattered
learn to pretend there's more than love that matters"
		-- emily saliers, 1992