Subject: Re: NFS VAX and Linux
To: V. M. Haas <vhaas@cnj.digex.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1997 23:05:41

> People -
>
> I have (finally) got my uVAXII machine running on kernel v1.2C (Thanks, Ragge!)
>
> The little beastie is equipped with 2 RD54's and I am trying to get a source
> tree built so I can go on with the next steps.  (IPv6, etc.)  The RD54's
> don't have enough collective size to handle the source tree through
> compilation.
>
> I am trying to use the Linux box as an NFS server, and the Vax as its client
> over an Ethernet.
>
> When I mount the filesystem remotely, it mounts OK, but gives me "Permission
> Denied" whenever I try to access files on the mounted filesystem.

[...]
> /home2		michael.vmhnet.net(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)

Do you get these messages when you are acting as root? In that case
it sounds like you haven't exported with root permissions. Sorry, but I
don't understand the linux export syntax, you have to check the manual
page for that.
Good luck with IPv6 anyway; I haven't played with it myself but there
are people running INRIA's IPv6 under NetBSD on a research department
here, and have been doing so for about a year. It works real fine for them.

-- Ragge