Subject: Re: Miniroot panic
To: Chris Quayle <icq@dial.pipex.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh@mail.dotcom.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/1997 08:30:26
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Chris Quayle wrote:

[ Unpleasantness with 1.2 kernel on a uVAX 3550 ]
> At the weekend I tried to install 1.2 on the 3500 as per the 3550, with
> exactly the same results.

AFAIK, the 1.2 distribution set won't run on a uVAX III.  At least, my
KA650 fell over with it.  The 1.2B kernel Ragge distributed a while ago is
fine, as is -current (or it was when I copied it a few days ago).

> Finally, (rambling on) how many versions of 1.2 are there ?. Is it
> possible I have a early, non working copy ?.

That's probably the case.

--
Ben Harris
Undergrad Computer Rep, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.