Subject: Re: Status,
To: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@mac.edu>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/30/1996 02:32:32
On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, J. Joseph Max Katz wrote:

> Someone should add that stuff to the FAQ, I was scared when I got my
> hands on the 3300 and didn't know what exactly I could do with it or not.

You have a point, not everyone knows what a KA630 is. So folks, anyone
volunteer to translate the supported hardware list into a list of actual
machines that are known to work with NetBSD?

I guess what we know so far is:

uVAX II (but no graphic support and some other restrictions?)
uVAX 2000 (not quite there yet, but soon. No graphics support)
uVAX 3300 (but not onboard Ethernet & DSSI)
uVAX 3400 ------------ " ------------------
uVAX 3600
uVAX 3800
uVAX 3900
VAX 11/750
VAX 11/780
VAX 11/785
VAX 8600
VAX 8650

Feel free to submit additions and/or corrections...

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign