Subject: Re: qe0: ring overrun
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@cc.odu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/1996 08:10:51
On Wed, 15 May 1996, Tom I Helbekkmo wrote:

> [Anders Magnusson]
>
> > This is a generic problem with the deqna. The receive buffer ring
> > gets filled up so some packets get lost.
>
> [David Brownlee]
>
> > 	I would have assumed something like this, but for the fact it
> > 	happens when it is the only machine on the network (the network
> > 	being a cable approx 1 metre long in this case :)
>
> I see the same symptoms with a DELQA on an almost idle ethernet.  I've
> got a NetBSD/i386 system serving /usr/src and /usr/local to a KA650
> with a DELQA, and the overrun messages keep ticking over even when
> they're just sitting there doing little besides sending rwho packets.

Hmmm, my DELQA doesn't seem to do it ever on a *live* network (although
the net it's on isn't ever idle, either!); but, should it be
_disconnected_ from the network, watch out.  The "ring overrun" messages
appear constantly (even if you down the interface) until the network
connection is reinstated.

-Jonathan