Subject: Re: PPP With VAX NetBSD...
To: Robert Byer <byer@carl.a-com.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/1995 22:30:18

> I was noticing that NetBSD has PPP with it, but when I try to run it (just
> to see what would happen) it says that the "kernel" can't run it and that I
> have to do soemthing to run PPP on it.
>
> Has anyone ran PPP on the VAX NetBSD port and is it even possible???  If so,
> what do I have to do to get it running as I would appreciate any and all
> help on this.
>
> I haven't looked to hard at everything yet (just got it running) and I
> though I would ask before I started messing things up.

It should be able to run PPP on it, but (as far as i know) noone
has tried. PPP isn't compiled into the generic kernel either, and
because there is no serial line support it's rather useless.
The console system on vax is not intended to work reliable and
you will probably loose lots of bytes if you are going to try
to put ppp packets through the console line.

-- Ragge