Re: bacula and TLS

scar <scar%drigon.com@localhost> writes:

> Greg Troxel wrote on 10/08/2014 12:50 PM:
>> Apparently  the bacula pkgsrc package disables ssl by default.  I really
>> don't konw why.   So you would have to rebuild it from source.
>
> thanks that was a lot easier than i thought! (just a bit time consuming)
> i really enjoyed watching everything get done for me; i was afraid i
> might have to download the source and compile it myself, etc.

I'm glad it worked out.

If you're used to bacula, and can explain why it maybe should or
shouldn't be built with SSL, please send a note to pkgsrc-users
suggesting either an explanation for options.mk about why ssl is off or
that it should be enabled.

I am not used to bacula, but I don't understand why it's built without
ssl.  It would seem that most systems will have openssl anyway (so it
won't hurt) and that many/most users would want ssl.