Subject: Re: 802.1q tagging Ultra5
To: None <tbowers@jiffydo.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/02/2006 15:46:22
--sPkBZsy7C+1fV4MN

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:48:07PM +0000, tbowers@jiffydo.com wrote:
> I have 2 Sun Ultra 5 boat anchors.  I wish to use these boxes as test rou=
ters for purposes of doing BGP and OSPF with my Cisco Lab.
>=20
> 1.) I?m having very hard time finding information on configuring
> 802.1q tagging and Vlan interfaces on NetBSD.  Can someone help me
> find a man page or doc that explains this process?  I have been able
> to find snippets that suggest a kernel mod is need.  I have no
> experience mucking with the kernel.  I hope this is not necessary as
> I may need yet another pointer to ?how-to-tweak? the kernel.

look at the man page for vlan(4).  The vlan driver is in the sparc and
sparc64 GENERIC kernels, so you shouldn't need kernel config mods.

Either way, for kernel tweaking (and much more) look at The NetBSD Guide:

  http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/

--
Dan.
--sPkBZsy7C+1fV4MN