Subject: Re: sleep sleeps forever (again)
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/22/2004 18:16:56
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:52:48PM +0200, Timo Sch?ler wrote:

> >>I've got an Ultra 5 that works wonderfully.
> >
> >my ultra10 is mostly happy... a couple of panics if I try
> >stuff using pthreads, but aside from that it's been pretty
> >darn steady...
>
> have both an U1 and an U2 model 1300 running. latter one 24/7 since
> approx. 8 weeks (1.6.2_STABLE) cyrus, postfix, lots of spam-avoiding
> utils, SQL server, DNS, apache (PHP etc.), ldap. runs seemlessly :)
>
> i experienced the 'sleep forever' bug (?) once on an U10/333 when
> tar'ing a *very big* directory. i'm not sure, but i have three SCSI
> based machines (U1, U2/1300 and U2/2300, the latter one running Sol9
> due to NetBSD MP issues etc.) and none of them had been hit. a little
> used U10 (IDE...) ran into it.
>
> on the other hand, IIRC there *were* U1 (e.g.) hit by the bug, as
> reported on the list.

It hit my Ultra 5 once a long time ago, and my Ultra 1 every few days when
it was running 2.0-STABLE. I haven't hit it on the Ultra 1 at all since
switching to -current, and the Ultra 5 has only hit it that one time.

(my Ultra 1 is an Ultra 1E Model 170, Ultra 5 is a stock ultra 5 upgraded
to 256MB ram and 333mhz cpu and UW SCSI)

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!