Re: svn - cannot allocate mem

Hi Matthew,

matthew green wrote:
i wonder if you are running out of kernel virtual space.

how can that be checked?

I see no dmesg or such.

i was seeing random weirdness with it about 3 years ago, and then my
SS20 stopped working, but i've fixed it since, so i'll try have a
patch for you to test soon...

You mention SS20. As said, my older SS10 with netbsd 8.x never exhibited the issue.

Recently I was able to kick online my trusty old SparcStation 4 again, there I did not notice the issue, but use it also less.

I got it running now and were doing the same things in parallel, compiling the same sources.... takes a lot more, but it means it will do similar operations. (ssh, running git & svn which appears always critical, compiling with gcc many source files) Up to now, it completed the same stuff and did not get the issue.. I did run more hours compiling, all fine. I just shut it down for the weekend now.

Now I don't know if is so exactly reproducible, but it may be a hint. It seems to affect the SS20 and a major difference is the dual CPU presence.

Riccardo