re: svn - cannot allocate mem

matthew green writes:
> i wonder if you are running out of kernel virtual space.
>
> i have a change i never finished testing to push KVA from 0xf000.0000
> to 0xe800.0000, ie, giving 128MB more VA space to the kernel.
>
> i was seeing random weirdness with it about 3 years ago, and then my
> SS20 stopped working, but i've fixed it since, so i'll try have a
> patch for you to test soon...

https://www.netbsd.org/~mrg/sparc-e8-kva.diff

it seems to still work for my SS20, though i cleaned it up a little.

please try a kernel with this applied, and see if you see the lwp_ctl
issue any more..

thanks.

.mrg.

ps: uwe, did we ever talk about this change?  it changes how the
krups/mrcoffee pmaps initialise but hopefully not in a functional
way, so testing on both of those would be nice, though maybe you
already did this a couple of years ago and i forgot... ;)