Re: SPARCStation VSIMM

> With the 8MB VSIMM you can theoretically do 1920x1080 in 24bit.

No "theoretically" about it.  I run 24-bit-capable 1920x1080 routinely
on the SS20 I have an 8M VSIMM in.  (I usually have fairly few 24-bit
windows, because 8-bit is perceptibly faster, but I've done full-screen
24-bit windows; they work.  My other two live-service SS20s, one of
which actually isn't very live at the moment, have 4M VSIMMs because I
don't have enough 8M VISIMMs.)

This _is_, though, with my cg14 ddx layer in the MIT X11-6.4p3 server.
Depending on what you care about having in the server, that may or may
not be good enough for your purposes.  I have no idea how hard it would
be to do something of the sort in an Xorg server, though anyone who
wants to look at adapting what I've done is certainly welcome to do so.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign