Subject: Re: testers with cg6 needed
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <christer@a-son.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/16/2005 06:28:16
On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 12:30:59AM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did quite a lot of work on the cgsix driver for wscons and sparc64,
> but before committing I need to be sure I didn't break the old console
> code for sparc ( well, you /could/ run wscons with the new code if you
> want... with colour support, acceleration, virtual consoles and all
> that, with some not too complicated fiddling even XFree86 with some
> acceleration, the additions are by no means sparc64-specific )
> Anyway, please test this kernel:
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/GENERIC_05_14.bz2
>
> Please try it, send me the dmesg output and tell me if the console works
> properly. It should run on most sparcs, it's the GENERIC kernel after
> all, but it only makes sense with a cg6 as console since the other
> drivers are unchanged.
>
> have fun
> Michael

Hello,

It has been very quiet about this subject, hasn't it? I can give it a
go tonight after work. Didn't have much spare time during the weekend.

Maybe it should have been posted on sparc64, rather than sparc, but I
guess there are more people than me who are subscribed to both. Maybe I
am one of the few using a sparc64 with cg6? I am very happy for continued
support though.

Regards,
Christer

--