Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: Sean McKay <sean.mckay@gmail.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/27/2004 14:51:53
Thus spake Sean McKay ("SM> ") sometime Today...

SM> Just an informal poll here...I just setup NetBSD 1.6.2 on my ss20 and
SM> am having fun setting it up. I'm curious what others are using it for
SM> on this hardware...I've got 320MB of RAM and and decent HD -- it seems
SM> a bit slow though. I'm going to put some web pages up on it and see
SM> what kind of performance I can pull out of it...

ss5/170 (uSparc IIi, 170MHz), 192MB RAM, 13G of disk.

I use it for ftp, (internal) NFS, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, (internal) SaMBa,
NIS...in short, I use it for everything except compiling stuff.

				--*greywolf;
--
Mankind should spend much more effort on education, escalating their levels of
intellect to those currently enjoyed by the upper minority, rather than forcing