Subject: Re: Unable to build GENERIC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/02/2004 11:17:17
Chris Amthor(amthor@chroam.de) said 2004.09.01 18:42:26 +0000:
> Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org> wrote:
> > Yes, you did miss something. It's even there in 1.6.1.
>
> Oh. Sorry for not RTFMing, it never came to my mind since the old way
> still worked properly.

/usr/src/BUILDING says:
HISTORY
     The build.sh based build scheme was introduced for NetBSD 1.6 as
     USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN, and re-worked to TOOLCHAIN_MISSING after that.

> > What it does it build a new toolchain, which frequently contains a new,
> > shiny, version of `config' which can parse things the old version couldn't.
> > It is basically to work-around out-of-sync source tree and userland.
>
> Well, that in deed comes in pretty handy! But doesn't it slow down
> things to a crawl on systems such as SS5?

I've never tried to rebuild any kernel or even userland on any of my SPARCs,
but it's just a front end to things you would type, so theoretically it
should be faster. :)
Of course, it does make some speed vs. build integrity sacrifices, such as
always rebuilding the toolchain. All in all it should make very little
difference speedwise, and all the difference in convenience.

> Answer:
> \usepackage[email,nobeginlabel]{kryz}

! LaTeX Error: \usepackage before \documentclass.

> cheers,
> </kryz>

Syntax error: terminated `kryz' without starting tag.

	--Wouter