Subject: Faulty boot floppy image for version 1.6
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alain_Pr=E9fontaine?= <alain@prefontaine.biz>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/17/2002 20:52:55
This message might of been on the list earlier, but I'm new to it and can't
find it.

I tried installing NetBSD ver 1.6 on my SparcStation IPX using the 2 floppy
images from the ftp page. I tried at least 6 different disks (all new) and
tried both RAWRITEing them from my Windows machine and also copying them on
the sparc using the SunOS that was on the machine. Nothing worked.
Then I tried it with NetBSD ver 1.5 boot disks and it worked perfectly the
first time.

I have 2 questions:
1- Is there a solution to this problem other than a cd (I don't have a cd in
the machine)?
2- Is it worth bothering about now that I have 1.5 running well?

Alain