Subject: Re: stray interrupt ipl 0x7 (was Re: SS5-170 Level 15 Interrupt)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2002 17:06:45
> i found that nsphy and ukphy dont coexist very nicely.  at least, not on my
> netra t1/105.  ukphy always matched the built-in hme's and they were
> completely non-functional (data would not be passed up/down past the ip proto
> level).

 For a long time mine were all ukphy's, before I realized I could match half up
as qsphy.  I swapped the cards at that point to put the qsphy's on the
interfaces I was using the most.

%dmesg | egrep 'hme[07]'
hme0 at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x8c00000 level 4 (ipl 7): Sun Happy Meal Ethernet (SUNW,qfe)
hme0: Ethernet address 08:00:20:90:75:de
qsphy0 at hme0 phy 1: QS6612 10/100 media interface, rev. 1
hme7 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x8c30000 level 4 (ipl 7): Sun Happy Meal Ethernet (SUNW,qfe)
hme7: Ethernet address 08:00:20:90:75:de
ukphy3 at hme7 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface

> the fact that you're having trouble with the qfe indicates that it is a
> problem with the hme driver and not the fas driver though.

 I've not actually observed any loss of traffic or real problems, just those
stray syslogs.