Subject: Perl5 on JavaStation
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: KiDDiE.Ox <oxo@rucus.ru.ac.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2002 03:16:30
I have a JavaStation 1 (OpenBoot 2.3.0) with 32 Mb RAM running NetBSD
1.5.2. I have made a 256Mb swap file for it. It is booting of a Celeron
300 Slackware 8 server with 128MB ram and plenty hard disk space

Whenever I try to compile perl, something happens to cause the machine
to have a kernel panic and reboot. I have tried everything, from letting
the package system make it, to trying to make it myself. I cannot figure
out what the problem is

panic: init died (signal 4, exit 0)

This is followed by a stack trace. Bear in mind that I am using the
GENERIC kernel.

If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful :)

--
John Oxley
oxo@rucus.ru.ac.za