Subject: NetBSD floppy to mount SunOS filesystem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/11/2001 18:59:05
I have a SparcStation that I'll soon be running NetBSD on.

Currently it is running SunOS 5.5.1 and I'd like to look around on it for
a while before changing to NetBSD.

I don't have a keyboard or monitor. But I can see it boot up fine via my
serial connection.

But after it boots (it ends with "Print services started."), I never
receive a login prompt. I guess there is no getty listening to the serial
port.

Is there a NetBSD floppy that includes mount command that can mount a
SunOS filesystem? I am guessing it is ufs. (The disk is
/dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s0).

Once I mount the filesystem, I'll try to configure it to use the serial
for getty. And I'll find or set a new IP address for logging in via the
network.

Any hints or other ideas?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed