Subject: audio question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Johnson <netbsd@spatula.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/2001 19:07:14
I've managed to get NetBSD going on an old SS5.  It's finding the audio
devices ok when it boots (audiocs0 and audio0) but all attempts to play
audio result in static that's typical of using the wrong number of bits,
or possibly the wrong byte order.  Directing audio apps to use 8 bits
works better, but then the sound sounds highly overdriven.

Audioctl reports the device name as "cs4231" version "x".

Does anyone have some pointers on what I should tweak to resolve this
problem or has anyone else had the same trouble?

   Nick

--
"The aptly-named morons.org is an obscenity-laced screed..."
	-- Robert P. Lockwood, Catholic League director of research