Subject: Re: CDRW on NetBSD/sparc
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/23/2001 08:40:25
On Wed, 23 May 2001 Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:

# Hi,
#
# Some nice person just gave me a 8x plextor SCSI
# CDRW ;))

Yeah, it's good to have friends like that.

# Anyone know if you can just stick one of these in
# a Sun 411 case (after I remove the QIC-150 ;D),
# plug it in your sparc running 1.5 and it'll
# work with cdrecord???  I'd be running in addition
# to a Sun Unipack CD on the same chain as the CDRW
# isnt bootable AFAIK.

The CD-RW should be able to boot if you can find the right jumper to
set regarding sector size.

I know it's a totally different beastie, but I have a Yamaha CRW-8424
which boots just fine once I de-jumpered the sector size.

I don't know if the bootable property is in the firmware or what, but
it Just Works, which is REALLY nice.

So see if you can find jumper specs for your beast.  If not, you're
definitely not lost, especially if your sun's got a floopy drive, and
you have a better solution for your backups :-)

# Cheers,
#
# - Chris.

				--*greywolf;