Subject: Re: SunVideo board
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick@lios.apana.org.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/21/1999 09:10:55
In <199912200026.TAA04412@bcr4.uwaterloo.ca> dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca (David Evans) writes:

>  I just dug up what I believe is a SunVideo board: two RCAs, one S-Video
>connector, and the "usual' Phillips video IC.

There are two types of board like that - one is the VideoPix (Sun part #
501-1706) which Sun stopped supporting ages ago, and the newer SunVideo
boards (Sun part # 501-2232 or 501-3019), which are still very much
supported.

>  I know that we don't support this right now.  Does anyone know enough about
>it to say how hard writing a driver would be?

I don't know about the older board, but the SunVideo boards have fairly good
support in 3rd-party applications like 'vic' etc. so you might want to look
at how they use SunVideo boards. Sun's software seems to make a lot of use
of the XIL package, so I'm guessing that package hides most of the
grass-roots device driver interfacing.

Regards,

Craig.
--