Subject: how far has the sb3 work come?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/24/1999 20:23:18
I am an owner of a SparcBOOK 3GS (almost the same
as the 3GX).  Right now it runs Solaris 2.6 and
has 32MB of ram.  This is really not enough memory
for Solaris 2.6 (with the current configuration).

I would love to run NetBSD on this system if I can
take advantage of many/most of the following features:

pcmcia hard disk
pcmcia 28.8 modem
32/24-bit color on the LCD
the onboard sound chip
power management
suspend/resume (if possible)

Does NetBSD support some of these features?  Which ones
are supported and which are not?  Would I need to keep
up with current (or a snapshot of current) to use some
of these features?

The other main requirements would be that lots of
software packages that are available for solaris would
work as well, such as

netscape
acrobat reader
word perfect or star office (either one)

anyone have experience with any of these applications
under solaris emulation?

Thank you for your time,

Nick Maniscalco
nmanisca@vt.edu