Subject: Re: 3gx X NetBSD effort: BUGO Labs
To: James Garnett <garnett@bogus.cs.colorado.edu>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/1999 19:59:20
At 04:10 PM 8/1/99 , James Garnett wrote:
>Indeed, it was -- I didn't figure anyone else was working on it, so I
>just did my own.  I just now decided to read my netbsd mail, and saw
>the p9100 stuff, so I grabbed the -current and surprise! there was your
>com_obio driver.  About the only difference is that you used major number
>36, whereas I used 33... since they're close to identical, I suppose I
>won't bother submitting my driver... er, then again, I just tried to
>open and access the device under the newly compiled kernel, and it doesn't
>appear to be working -- at least, that is, if it is talking to the modem,
>it won't enter command mode.  Hmm.  And it attaches it as a 16550a, which
>definitely shouldn't be happening.  Another hmm.  So I guess the obvious
>question is, did you get your com_obio interface working on a tadpole?

Nope.  I don't seem to have the interrupts working correctly.  It's hard
to say what's since I can't very well hook a breakout box to the line.
But since no interrupts are recorded, I figure that's the problem.
NetBSD/sparc is a new port to me and I'm still figuring out things.
I checked it in hoping that someone else could make progress while
I'm stalled.