Subject: Re: Looking for info before I buy
To: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/14/1999 00:10:09
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Steven Grunza wrote:
>Some places don't have SS10's but they do have SS20's.  Where is the
>best place to find the difference between these machines and the best
>prices for them?  Thanks for the info.

  In my previous message I stated that I had found the ss10 to be more reliable
than the ss20, and that I felt that it was a better value overall.

  Since then I've been involved in a rather heated debate in personal email
with another fellow who has apparently run about as many ss10/ss20 systems as I
have (in the middle hundreds)...it seems he's had the exact opposite experience.

  Anyway...my point is...since experience/applications/environment/etc all vary
to a great extent, I would very strongly suggest collecting such information
from as many sources as possible before making any decisions.

                 -Dave McGuire