Subject: re: Tape boot work
To: None <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/10/1999 02:47:22

   I have two more ram boards that I could put in, but would rather work
   with the 16mb configuration as opposed to a 32mb ram configuration,
   if possible, since the swap size on drv0 is only 20mb.  Will that be
   sufficient for a singleuser compile of the kernel and the tapeboot
   bits?

um ...

why aren't you putting that memory in?  NetBSD is not like sunos4
in that you must allocate swap space beyond the size of ram for
it to be useful.  virtual memory is real ram + swap space (or so).

that extra 16mb will make *all* the difference for the kernel link
at the end, too... maybe half or more the time it takes :-)

the only reason i can think of to leave the memory out would be
if you wanted to try out "smaller memory" configurations...