Subject: Re: CS4231 codec support
To: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/1999 18:46:15
On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Geoff Adams wrote:
>>   Ok, I see what looks like a CS4231 driver in the source tree...The web page
>> mentions something about CS4231-based Sbus audio boards (the ones used in the
>> sparc4?) but that's also the chip used in SS5s...Does this driver not deal
>with
>> the SS5's audio device?  I could try it, but I figured I'd just ask. :)
>Thanks
>> for any info...
>
>Actually, it does work.  Sorry, Dave; I should have told you a few weeks ago
>when I discovered it.  :)
>
>And I must say, a SS5 sounds much nicer than a SS2.

  Whoa, a response on this list.  Amazing!  Figures it's from someone I know. ;)

  Thanks man.  I've tried it on a '5 here and it seems to work ok.  It doesn't
seem to find the audio hardware on an SS20, though...I was sure the audio
hardware was the same between the '5 and the '20.  Can anyone shed any light on
this?

                  -Dave McGuire