Subject: Re: Netra i400
To: Nigel Gorry <nigel@palms.nq.net>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/11/1997 12:51:16
	Ideally you would want to borrow a disk and another sparc,
	build & boot netbsd on the other machine, setup dns, mail, and
	the radius server then swap the disk across to the primary.
	Check all is 100% and then transfer the data to the internal
	disk & release the spare.

	If all you can manage is a temporarily spare disk then install
	netbsd onto it and edit the dns & sendmail config files while
	still running the solaris disk, then reboot into netbsd, check
	all is ok & compile up radius. (You can run solaris binaries
	under netbsd, but native is always better :) Again, after all
	is 100%, transfer the data to the internal disk & release the
	spare.

	If you cant spare even a small scsi disk (100mb would even do)
	for the duration of the changeover, then I'd (reluctantly)
	recommend you keep with solaris :(

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}