Subject: Re: NetBSD <-> OpenBSD
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/02/1996 18:44:59
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Neil J. McRae wrote:

> I'm not a coder but one thing is for sure, I'd hate to see any
> broken linuxisms in NetBSD.

	Please... I'm not _much_ of a coder myself, but if you have more
	than one free operating system running on the same platform then
	it make a hell of a lot of sense for them to see what the others
	are doing, _particularly_ when it comes down to driving hardware.

	If I was a linux user (I'm not) I guess I'd hate to see the
	'broken' NetBSD VM problems in linux. Please don't start a debate
	on that - its just to show that comments like that antagonise the
	'other' group.

	Personally I welcome any input from linux or other OS users on how
	to fix problems NetBSD may have, and hope on occasion they have
	found assistance from the NetBSD code and its users.

	Anyway... the bounce buffer debacle a while back shows how
	strict core is on 'architectually correct' code :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'