Subject: Re: Sun4m TP Ethernet problem...
To: Jake Hamby <hamby@aris.jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/1996 10:51:12
On Wed, 29 May 1996, Jake Hamby wrote:
> On a Sun4m (SPARCstation 20), NetBSD-current only looks for Ethernet on
> the AUI connector, _not_ the built-in twisted pair jack.  If you plug into
> the TP jack, it simply complains "le0: lost carrier".  Can somebody please
> look into adding auto-detect AUI/TP probing for the Sun4m?  Thanks in
> advance!

You need to add the "link0" flag to /etc/hostname.le0. This was hashed
out here a while ago with no real consensus, and any auto-detect-type
system would require changes in the MI driver. I'm going to look into
the best way to do this this summer, but it won't make it for 1.2.
The le(4) man page documents the link0 option.

--Aaron