Subject: Re: Better SunOS than SunOS! (and minor X11R6.1 problem)
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/1996 10:26:47
On Tue, 28 May 1996, matthew green wrote:

> i've also noticed R6.1 not having a repeat key.  i need to fix this
> before NetBSD 1.2.
>
> what patches against R6.1 are you using ?

It came with public patch 1.  I did not apply any NetBSD-related patches,
although I manually added EXTRA_LIBS=-lgnumalloc to NetBSD.cf and patched
xdm's Imakefile to link with -lcrypt.

> as for the installation on your SS10/SS20's for production, i would
> wait for the 1.2 release which is in the process of being rolled out
> now (give it 6-8 weeks and it will be here).

Good idea!  Although in 6-8 weeks, I may be at another job, and not
particularly worrying about SunOS compatibility or underpowered
workstations, in which case I'll just use Solaris for everything.

---Jake