Subject: Re: sun4m (LX) crashes...
To: Dennis Ferguson <dennis@jnx.com>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/1996 11:09:49
On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 13:52:16 -0700
 Dennis Ferguson <dennis@jnx.com> wrote:

> in a recent CVS source would provoke the `kernel fault' panic 100% of the
> time, but the stack trace disappeared too quickly to get anything from it.

I'm seeing the machine reboot with kernel fault a few times. On fscking
large partitions I've seen it panic with data fault.

> In order to make progress I added an `options   DDB,DEBUG,DIAGNOSTIC' to
> the kernel configuration file and built a new kernel.  The CVS ./configure
> script ran under this one just fine, as did a kernel build and a bunch of
> other stuff, and in fact the machines have now been up for three days, which
> exceeds their previous continuously-up records by about 2.5 days.  I am no
> closer to knowing what is wrong, but I now have a guess as to why the
> developer and anyone doing alpha testing might not have noticed this...

I'm building a current kernel with the above in it now.

Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae.                               DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)