Subject: Re: UPDATE: various changes on INSTALL and iso generation
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/05/2007 19:56:23
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 05:49:00PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> here's an updated patch for my changes on iso generation. Changes since
> [...]
>
> ftp://asim.lip6.fr/outgoing/bouyer/install_cdrom.diff

I've a problem with the sgimips iso: it can't be mounted as iso9660 fs.
I don't understand what's the difference with the code in distrib/cdrom
or etc/etc.sgimips. From what I understood, this builds a SGI volume
header, and adds the iso image as is after the volume header.
The 3.1 sgimips iso image can be mounted on i386, yet the one I generate
can't. On the other hand, sgivol can grook the iso I generated but can't grook
the one from 3.1. Is the 3.1 iso (from pub/NetBSD/iso/3.1) bootable on
sgimips ?
Can someone explain me what I've done wrong ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>