Subject: NetBSD on SGI Challenge L - IP19 (MIPS R4400)
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Harout S. Hedeshian <harout@hedeshian.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/23/2006 20:20:01
NetBSD gurus,

	I saw that IP19 is not yet supported. Right now I am running Irix
6.5-ALPHA on my Challenge L and I would like it to run BSD instead. I
was wondering if anyone would be able / willing to make NetBSD work
for it? I'm keeping a wiki (http://sgibsd.stir-tech.com) with all the
things I discover about the machine that might help in development or
helping port a kernel for the machine. I can make telnet (no ssh
because I can't get it to compile) available to developers if you
ask. The thing's a beast and uses up a lot of power so I don't run it
24x7. If you tell me ahead of time, I'll power it up. In the mean
time, does anyone know of tools that would give detailed information
about the bus or CPU registers?

The URL for the wiki:

http://sgibsd.stir-tech.com

Please advise me how to proceed.