Subject: Re: indy audio
To: Martijn Bakker <martijn@insecure.nl>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/16/2003 08:45:17
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:56:47 +0200
Martijn Bakker <martijn@insecure.nl> wrote:

> There is little released documentation, but Linux has audio working on
> it. Even the volume buttons on the fromt work.

I don't know much about licenses, but is it possible for one to document
the hardware using the linux code and have another implement a
BSD-licensed driver based on that documentation?

> BTW, if I press the buttons when running NetBSD, I get a panic. Is
> that normal ?

The system should halt, not panic. However, it's been a long time since
I've used my indy and can't recall whether or not it behaved properly
then. You could comment out the cpu_reboot() call at the bottom of
sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/hpc.c to disable it.

-Steve