Subject: RE: Support for Indigo2
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Anders_=D8vreseth?= <anders@oslo.sgi.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/09/2000 09:18:04
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] Anders =D8vreseth wrote:

>All,
>
>I suspect that you might not be familiar with SGIs own technical repositor=
>called http://techpubs.sgi.com. I think you will find a lot of useful
>information about SGI hardware, hardware drivers and software here.

Thanks for the pointer, Anders.  The bookmarks file on my fresh IRIX
install of Netscape already contains a link to the techpubs site and I
use it often when I'm trying to resolve system administration issues
under IRIX.  However, the problem is that SGI tends not to keep old
hardware information around.  For instance, try to find a manual or
owner's guide for the IRIS Indigo.  You won't find it on a SGI's site or
the techpubs library.  But I can find it independently on the net at
irisindigo.com.  I also dislike the way that product
descriptions/technical specifications for retired SGI models are no
longer available from www.sgi.com.  Most companies have a "retired
products" section which still contains all of the old info.  SGI seems
not to think that's important.

Brandon D. Valentine
--=20
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying