Subject: Re: Removal of rasterconsole
To: None <ad@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/2006 03:53:08
ad@NetBSD.org wrote:

> I plan to make wscons the default console device, and remove the rcons
> stuff. I believe that most configurations have been tested and are known
> to work.

IIRC, showstopper is dtkbd (and dtms) on MAXINE,
but I don't know current status about it.

Note there was a report that XdecNetBSD didn't
work properly on mfb (though console worked).
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-pmax/2005/02/20/0000.html

Anyway current xsets for pmax is requires wscons, so
we should switch to it ASAP if MAXINE console works, IMHO.
(cfb and tfb on my 3MIN worked fine even on X,
 but I have not tested it on recent kernels)
---
Izumi Tsutsui